Calling all Coz experts.. I need your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
When I was in Coz March 2002, I stayed at PLG. Right across the street in that little plaza where the Internet cafe is (follow me so far?)
there was a little place that made homemade sushi and homemade eggrolls.

OK I swear to you, this was the best sushi and eggrolls I have ever had in my life!
When I went to Coz Jan. 2004 the place was gone. Boarded up.
I can't remember the name of it.
Could they have moved?
Does anyone out there recall anything about this place?

Thanks..you guys have never let me down yet!

Natasha:
When I was in Coz March 2002, I stayed at PLG. Right across the street in that little plaza where the Internet cafe is (follow me so far?)
there was a little place that made homemade sushi and homemade eggrolls.

OK I swear to you, this was the best sushi and eggrolls I have ever had in my life!
When I went to Coz Jan. 2004 the place was gone. Boarded up.
I can't remember the name of it.
Could they have moved?
Does anyone out there recall anything about this place?

Thanks..you guys have never let me down yet!

Hi Natasha!

I live here n the island and am a big sushi fan myself. That was one of the things I missed most when I moved here! ANyway, that place is in fact closed, but we have TWO quality sushi bars now.

One is call Midori and is located on Rosada Salas between the waterfront and Av. 5. They are open for lunch and dinner and have great rolls, eggrolls, and other japanese dishhes. The other is in Punta Langosta on the lower level and is also very good, but alot higher priced. I can't remember the name of it right now, but either place is really good!

I hope this helps your sushi craving while you're on the island!

Oh Christi!
Thank God you came along. 35 people already had looked at this thread and didn't reply!
I thought it was "No eggrolls for you!"
Do you know the name of the place I am referring to? Had you ever been there?

Thanks again for your help!

Natasha:
Oh Christi!
Thank God you came along. 35 people already had looked at this thread and didn't reply!
I thought it was "No eggrolls for you!"
Do you know the name of the place I am referring to? Had you ever been there?

Thanks again for your help!

I don't remember the name of that place, but I used to go there before the others opened up. The new places are much better though!

Where is Texas are you from? I am from Austin!

Christi:
I don't remember the name of that place, but I used to go there before the others opened up. The new places are much better though!

Where is Texas are you from? I am from Austin!

Are you really? Small world. I live in Houston, but I'm from Chicago.
I will be in Coz again the 1st of May. You must have dinner with us!
Are you sure the new places are better? This place the chef made a 'made to order' eggroll for me, right before my eyes! It was huge!

Natasha:
Are you really? Small world. I live in Houston, but I'm from Chicago.
I will be in Coz again the 1st of May. You must have dinner with us!
Are you sure the new places are better? This place the chef made a 'made to order' eggroll for me, right before my eyes! It was huge!

I was actually born and raised in Houston, but moved to Austin when I graduated form high school went to school in Austin and stayed!

I would love to have dinner with you guys!

I promise you won't be disappointed in this place! Real Sushi chef's.

What part of Houston do you live?

Christi:
I was actually born and raised in Houston, but moved to Austin when I graduated form high school went to school in Austin and stayed!

I would love to have dinner with you guys!

I promise you won't be disappointed in this place! Real Sushi chef's.

What part of Houston do you live?

River Oaks area.. lol only kidding.. I'm actually outside of Houston and 30 minutes from Galveston.

Christi:
Hi Natasha!

I live here n the island and am a big sushi fan myself. That was one of the things I missed most when I moved here! ANyway, that place is in fact closed, but we have TWO quality sushi bars now.

One is call Midori and is located on Rosada Salas between the waterfront and Av. 5. They are open for lunch and dinner and have great rolls, eggrolls, and other japanese dishhes.

So you recommend this Midori spot? You are from Austin, aren't you? Does Midori compare with Kyoto, Ichiban, Musashino <sp?>, Umi, or that little place across Congress from the State theatre? Do they offer a similar menu to what I am used to? How is their maguro and himachi? I'm suddenly hungry...

ggunn:
So you recommend this Midori spot? You are from Austin, aren't you? Does Midori compare with Kyoto, Ichiban, Musashino <sp?>, Umi, or that little place across Congress from the State theatre? Do they offer a similar menu to what I am used to? How is their maguro and himachi? I'm suddenly hungry...

NOTHING compares with Muchachino or Sushi Saki (sp?) in the Arboretum area, but I would say that Midori is comparable to Kyoto. I'm not familiar with Umi or the place across from Congress (other than Kyoto). The menu is your standard rolls and fresh sushi along with other Japanese dishes such as teriyaki, etc. I've been away from Austin for 3 years now...are the last two places new? I'll have to try them when I go home for a visit! God I miss Austin!

Christi:
NOTHING compares with Muchachino or Sushi Saki (sp?) in the Arboretum area, but I would say that Midori is comparable to Kyoto. I'm not familiar with Umi or the place across from Congress (other than Kyoto). The menu is your standard rolls and fresh sushi along with other Japanese dishes such as teriyaki, etc. I've been away from Austin for 3 years now...are the last two places new? I'll have to try them when I go home for a visit! God I miss Austin!

I'm a Bubba, so I've only been to Musashino (I looked up the spelling at http://austinsushi.com/locator/) a couple of times and Sushi Saki never. The place on Congress I spoke of is Pango and it is pretty nice, but they had some trouble a while back with the owner rigging a video camera in a plant in the ladies' room, so it might not be open any more. Umi is highly rated; it's on the southbound FR of I 35 just north of Stassney. Both are fairly new, but more than 3 years old, I believe.

I wonder if you could possibly miss Austin any more than I miss Cozumel... No matter; my wife and I have a 12 day visit booked at Caribe Blu in May. I'll get back in touch when it gets close to time; maybe we can hook up down there. Is there anything I can bring you from Austin?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom