Calling All Big Blue Cult Members....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DR BILL!!

I will consider it an honor to buy it for you!

when I buy my copy!

pm me your address, I want you to have a gifted copy. (or your mom's address)

this film is just very original, like you.

wow, I thought it looked funny.

What problem did the dad/diver who was harvesting sponges have that made him scream and then sink? And what kind or rig was that?
I think he was diving a hard hat with surface supplied air- didn't the compressor fail? I've heard of hard hat divers getting sucked into their helmets when the line ruptures- the air wants to ascend and creates a vacuum behind it, which sucks the diver up the hose. I think the modern helmets have check valves that prevent this from happening and divers have bail out bottles to remedy the ensuing out of air emergency. Of course, I could have been cyber diving that day... :D

Anyway, back to the movie, I thought he was on a wall and took his hands off to grab his helmet, which was the proximate cause of his descent.

wow, I thought it looked funny.

What problem did the dad/diver who was harvesting sponges have that made him scream and then sink? And what kind or rig was that?

not sure but I thought it was a compressor issue(surface supplied) I need to watch again

Dr Bill, is that similiar to the California urchin-diver hooka rigs, or whatever they are called?

Hookah is surface supplied but I believe the one in Big Blue is/was an even more ancient one than Bill may be familar with....

Back
Top Bottom