Call out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course, I see all the local news and know you're out there, and Priscilla and I say a prayer for you and your team. But I always look right here for the real story.

Thanks to you and your team for your good work, Gary.

We went back to the original area again and made some minor changes in the searching. Lane B did a good job getting it all put together and operational.

We had Avista divert the river flow from one channel to another so the environmental attack planes wouldn’t swoop down and shoot at us. It kept the river flowing at close to the same rate but stopped the flow in our search area. We ran the same divers but just switched their positions. We also added two more searching more of the pool.

The results were not good, she wasn’t there. These guys pay to much attention to detail to miss her.

Around noon time we used a piece of equipment developed by a focused and determined gentleman named Igor. Using Igor’s equipment, it didn’t take long until she was located about 2 miles down stream in about 4’ of water.

Two minor problems with equipment and no injuries.

I’m very proud to work with these guys. They knew what they had to do and they did it without a single complaint. The two divers that actually removed her from the water got their cherry popped. They now have one under their belt.

Gary D.

Good job, Gary. I'm glad you found her and no one but the victim was hurt.

Gary D.:
...we used a piece of equipment developed by a focused and determined gentleman named Igor. Using Igor’s equipment, it didn’t take long until she was located about 2 miles down stream in about 4’ of water.
And the piece of equipment was...??

mike_s:
That was my question also.... I was figuring a towed grapple hook system (rake).

gary, on your page it said PACK H20. What did that mean?

:D Now sit back and think what a diver would use on a search that was developed by a man named Igor. :D

I hate hook systems of any kind. I know there is a time and a place to use them but I have a hard time "Fishing" for humans. Sticking hooks into someone is not what I want to do.

The “PACK H2O” was to remind everyone to bring LOTS of drinking water. It got hot on us and on the first day had I not got into the water when I did I just may have passed out. Sitting there in the sun, in those suits, out of the water can get to you quick. I was sitting on a rock on the side of the cliff above the water when I started noticing some turn out the lights signs.

So that was just a reminder to bring lots to drink.

Gary D.

A view from the sky is what it takes sometimes to help us get our job done! In this case is how we found her. Gary D will be giving more info.
The Fire Guy

Gary M:
Gary D will be giving more info.
The Fire Guy

Not me. You had the most bottom time, were the senior in water diver and I was just a heckler so YOU give a detailed dive report.

Lane B and I did what we were supposed to do. That is to stay dry and let you guys do it. :wink:

50df, 31’ depth, the rest is yours.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom