Calibrating Analox O2EII - Not sure I get it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 to Analox for responding. My opinion is that Rec level divers should never be pushing NDL or MOD, so if the humidity is going to affect your analysis by less than 1% no big deal, you should be diving your blend conservatively anyway and 1 % tolerance should not get you close to any limit anyway.

Here in S. Florida I do have a temp/humidity gauge in my garage in order to accurately adjust my analox, but find that it is almost always needing to be set at 20.6 to compensate. I always set in open air rather than using a tank of gas to check.

Personally I never calibrate the analyzer with air coming from any tank. The thing is that you never know what is inside unless you measured the content of that tank with an analyzer calibrated with known source. Ambient air's content is known and even if you ignore the chart you will only be tenths of a percent off in the worst case which i not a big deal. If your calibration tank has higher (some nitrox leftovers topped up with air )or lower content(rusting tank sitting for a long time ) you will be father off.

Be careful doing this when diving in hot and humid climates. Here in Bali, the analyser often needs to be calibrated around 20.4 in ambient air. Setting it to 20.9 can give way off results. Once I had 104% O2 in a tank with 99%...

---------- Post added April 14th, 2013 at 10:19 PM ----------

Of course, the higher the percentage in the gas, the higher the variation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom