Calgary area divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunchiespg

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm recently certified OW diver. And basically I'm totally hooked.
Im just getting all my gear together and I should be fully equipped in the next week or two.
The one thing I'm missing is dive partners.
I'm looking to get out diving locally every week if possible. Either in Calgary or out in Banff area. Or anywhere else local. The sooner and more often the better.

Is is anyone looking for dive partners? Or any regular groups I can join?
My dive shop invited me to come and dive when they do some open water certification dives. But ideally I want to get even more.
I'll be doing advanced open water in June. And hopefully some dives in Victoria this summer.

Welcome to diving,

All the shops in the Calgary area have facebook pages, as well as the Underwater Outlaws, the Calgary scuba/social club.

I think I already saw you post on the Outlaw's page.

Also, check out the Alberta Underwater Council - they have dive events and list the events put on by Alberta dive shops.

We regularly visit the area every other year and attend the Calgary Folk Festival and Canmore Folk Festival. I would love to add a few days diving (e.g. Lake Minnewanka or Two Jack Lake). Thanks for your post.

GJS

Two Jack last Saturday. I was teaching a Navigation class. A lovely spot to say the least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 84
Yes, I'm Bill Morgan. I was there that night, but it was Bill Hall who did the presentation.

Back
Top Bottom