cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakimi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
going to cabo in mid-Feb for a few days, can anyone recommend a dive shop? i'm going with my sister and she's never dived before, so i want to look for a good place she can do the discover scuba course.

I dive Cabo occasionally when I'm working on an eco cruise ship that stops there. Wish I could remember the name of the dive shop we use for fills, etc., but I can't.

I found one nice thing about diving Cabo was that some normally skittish species elsewhere in the Sea of Cortez tolerated closer approaches there which helped me get better video footage.

Enjoy yourselves down there... just be careful of the boat traffic. You might want to consider diving Cabo Pulmo to see the corals there, although it is a bit away from Cabo proper.

Hello; I was just Diving cabo over the new Year holidays.We dove Four days.Sand falls,Neptunes Finger,Lands end,sea lions colony The No. So. and Middle walls.Water temp. was 70 vis 50 to 60 feet.air temp low 80s.I have dove with all the shops there in the 7 years we have been going there.Most were ok.I Dove with Manta Divers one Time I did not think there Dive Masters knew what they were doing.{if they were Dive Masters}I will never Dive with them again.I used Baja Dive The last few trips and was very Happy with the service.Small groups, good air and very Good Dive Masters. www.baja-dive.net

I'm going at the end of February and plan to use Amigos Del Mar. I have used them in the past and have no reason to change. If your sister hasn't been diving you want to make sure that she is warm enough. Most of the dive shops in Cabo only have 3mm wetsuits for rent. The past couple of times I have been there I see the people in rented suits shivering between dives. The water in Febraury is usually about 68 degrees at the surface and that can be pretty cold for a 3mm particularly if you are going to dive more than one day. I only own two suits; a 3mm and a 7mm farmer john. The 3mm isn't warm enough and the 7mm is a bit of overkill. But, better warm than cold. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom