Cabo verde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bretagne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and buddy leaves me next week to go to Cabo Verde Islands (Sal) for diving. As I cannot go with him due to work, I have to ask for your experiences at this place, so that I can imagine being with him...

I read an article in a Dutch dive magazine a year or two ago that said that the diving in Sal was among the best in the Cabo Verde islands. Sorry I don't remember anything more specific. Pity you can't join him!

Phil

all reports i've ever been told point to not so exciting diving.
sal has clear waters and they're very warm but people tell me there's not a lot to see down there.

i've been to cape verde two times but never dove there.

the islands, though, are beatiful and the cape verdeans are one of the nicest people around. excellent music.

mikelegurra:
all reports i've ever been told point to not so exciting diving.
sal has clear waters and they're very warm but people tell me there's not a lot to see down there.
Not the infos I got. Are you sure these people know what to look at when there are no coral reefs?
Those are dives where you must think to look "in the blue" for big fishes (sharks and tunas for example)

Bretagne:
Not the infos I got. Are you sure these people know what to look at when there are no coral reefs?
Those are dives where you must think to look "in the blue" for big fishes (sharks and tunas for example)

i'm just telling what somebody else told me, as i believe i pointed out.
i've never dove there.

Back
Top Bottom