Cabo Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolbersen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be heading down to Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico the last week of September. I've got a few questions:
  • Any dive operators to look up or avoid?
  • Any especially awesome dive sites (aside from Cabo Pulmo)?
  • Any good places for snorkeling?
  • Any moderately easy shore dives?
Of course if you have any other advice I'm interested in that too!

Hello;Your going at the right time water is warm and clear. Stay in cabo San Lucas not In San Jose or outside of cabo bucause you will have to rent a car if you stay in Cabo all the resturants are in walking distance as well as the good Bars Squid roe, Cabo Wabo,Tanga Tanga, Elc. All the Dive shops are in Cabo.Most in The Costa Real Cabo Resort on The Marina Boardwalk. as for dive Shops to avoid Lands End Divers tops that list. Baja Dive has been around a long time and does a great job.located in the Costa real Cabo resort. #1-4 www.baja-dive.net/ There are great Dives 10 min.s from the Dock. Peligan Rock ,Sand Falls,Neptunens Finger, Sea Lions Colony and last rock. You will see more species of tropical fish here than any where in the world Over 800.The great thing is you will be back by 1:30 in time for lunch.Siesta sutes is across the street about a short block away great prices $60.00 for two .Baja Dive also good prices $49.00 for two tank Dive.Small groups And DiveMasters to Dive With. Well good Diving. yours truly Dive Monster

P.S.Snorkeling at Peligan Rock is second to none Snorkelers can go on the Dive boats and snorkel while The Divers Are Diving also Lovers Beach Is Great To Do surface intervel and snorkel. The olny shore Dive Is chileno Beach. But the shop closed there so rent gear in Cabo. This a reef about 1/4 mile off the beach but very much to see. Better off Boat Diving.
Dive Monster

Plenty of good diving in Cabo, Gordo Banks is a nice subterranean mount at 100 ft.
Lots of schooling Jack and Tuna, chances to see Mantas and Hammerheads.
Here is my trip report from last year.
My Cabo Trip Report
Have a good one.

I used a 3 mil full in Cabo, not sure how much weight you can drop as I'm still getting my optimum weighting down, I keep dropping weight. Down to 26 lbs in a full 7 mil cold water set up, should be close to 20 lbs with a 3 mil full.

Baja:
Hello;Your going at the right time water is warm and clear. Stay in cabo San Lucas not In San Jose or outside of cabo bucause you will have to rent a car if you stay in Cabo all the resturants are in walking distance as well as the good Bars Squid roe, Cabo Wabo,Tanga Tanga, Elc. All the Dive shops are in Cabo.Most in The Costa Real Cabo Resort on The Marina Boardwalk. as for dive Shops to avoid Lands End Divers tops that list. Baja Dive has been around a long time and does a great job.located in the Costa real Cabo resort. #1-4 www.baja-dive.net/ There are great Dives 10 min.s from the Dock. Peligan Rock ,Sand Falls,Neptunens Finger, Sea Lions Colony and last rock. You will see more species of tropical fish here than any where in the world Over 800.The great thing is you will be back by 1:30 in time for lunch.Siesta sutes is across the street about a short block away great prices $60.00 for two .Baja Dive also good prices $49.00 for two tank Dive.Small groups And DiveMasters to Dive With. Well good Diving. yours truly Dive Monster

Stay away from Baja. How credible can someone be if they are dishonest from the get go!
Read this thread or do a search on the threads posted by Baja.
See post #16 on http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread...=1#post1772894

George, could you please fill out your profile?

Thanks!

My husband and I are also going to Cabo. We dove with Jorge last year at this time when he worked for Blue Adventures, but since then he has purchased his own boat, a 44' Yacht, The Alacran, and I was wondering if anyone has been diving with him on his boat. Last March we dove with Underwater Diversions - we had a great time with Heldado, Gary and Jordan but unfortunately two of the three are no longer there, so we were looking up Jorge and found him. Anyway, can anyone tell me any experiences with his dive operation. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom