Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangd1909

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The wife and I are thinking of going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Is it s fun place to go, anything intersting there to do? Any feedback would be awesome.....

just got back from cabo. when are you planning to go? What do you want to do? High dollar acommendations or what? Had a lot a fun Cabo wabo is a great party place if you like rock. Diving with the whales was a kick they are huge.

Cabo is one of our favorite places. As wild as you want, or as quiet as you want. Beautiful golf courses as well. I've not been diving there, but did have a lot of fun. Stayed at the Fiesta Americana. It was very nice.

stangd1909:
The wife and I are thinking of going to Cabo San Lucas for vacation. Is it s fun place to go, anything intersting there to do? Any feedback would be awesome.....

ATV rides along the beach, horse back rides along the beach, parasailing, rent jet skiis, kayak to Los Arcos, go fishing for marlin, take a water taxi panga to Lover's Beach, go snorkeling, go to the Office and just walk around Cabo. Go to Da Giorgios for sunset and have a drink on their patio. Drive to Todos Santos and go to Art & Beer. The diving is pretty good, not like Caribbean but lots of fish, rays and eels, not much for soft coral plus the vis is just ok (60 ft if you are lucky) but it's worth it to get wet. My favourite thing to do is try out new restaurants; Edith's, Panchos, Sea Queen (desserts are awesome), Galeon, Puerto Viejo, Mariscoes Mazatlan, Solomans (for lunch) and Da Giorgio's. Have fun!

spent almost two weeks in cabo a few years ago. it's a fun place and a good balance of night life and other stuff. if you're looking for a dive vacation, cabo is probably not the best. the diving was cool, but not too many sites and the water is a little chilly. if you're looking for an all around balance vacation it's a great place. lots of good food and stuff to do.

one morning my buddy and i paid a water taxi $20 to take us out at like 6AM and we just trolled back and forth and caught three bonita tuna!! we gave him two and kept one. we took that one to a sushi chef and he prepared it in several different ways. it was FANTASTIC.

i'm planning a trip in that direction in sept, but this time it's an all diving trip, so we're going to head up to la paz. anyway, good luck with the planning.

Thanks alot for all the info guys! I will not be diving.... :( The wife said it is just going to be a relaxing and fun time.

Cabo is great. I liked the dives I was able to do, but when Ivan came calling they canceled the dives I had planned. Lots of activities just don't put two on the 4 wheeler ATVs....

Mike

I was there in Dec. to Jan 06. We dove 8 days. local Dive sites are great There is north wall, middle wall,South wall,Lands end, Sea lions colony,peligan Rock where the Sand Falls are located.
The Sea of Cortez boasts 800 species of tropical fish.You will lose count on any Dive there.i have seen giant green sea turtles,Mantas,Whale Sharks,Hammer heads,Sea horses,Eals 6 and 7 feet long.The last day we saw a giant grouper 12 feet long locals her grandma.
The Vis. was 80 feet every Day and calm water was the norm.We went to Cabo Pulmo with Baja Dive and took there tanks so I dont know about Pepes air.We also used Baja Dive s Dive Master Memo.Great Dive Master always has a big smile,Diving was great lot s of reef fish and good Vis.
There are also good Dives at Whales Head, santa maria,chilano Beach,Ship wreck, Blow hole to name a few.
Cabo has great nite life as well as some great eco tours, Para sailing,wave runners,Snorkeling,Dinner cruises,Sunset cruises (or some people call them Booze cruises)off road four wheeling,trips to the Mountains to see the water falls,some good surfing,horseback riding,and some of the nicest Beachs I have seen anywhere.You cant go wrong visiting Cabo San lucas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom