Cabo Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PAShark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Three of us will be in Cabo the last week in March. Does anyone have any recommendations as to good dive operators and the ones to avoid? Thanks.

Hey PAShark,
I go lots...take what you need for US$ for the first day or so..then just use the bank machines...much better exchange rate and then you can get either pesos or US, lots of machines give you the option now. And...it doesnt matter there, they will take both currencies. As for dive shops I recommend Manta Scuba or Cabo Divers. I have only ever dove with Manta but also know that Cabo Divers is a great operation. One shop has had some bad press and i dont like what i have seen personally but prefer not to name them just in case they have cleaned up their act since i was there in Jan. Have a great trip, loads of fun diving in Cabo, great vis, & a little cooler water than you might be expecting. Lots to see tho' Cheers!

I've used Lands End Divers for 2 trips with great results. The owner lives in Gilbert AZ and if you prepay using US Dollars you can avoid the Mexiican taxes and get a discount from their posted prices. It's a small shop, small boat with highly personalized service.

We will be in Cabo twice in mid April via cruise ship and are thinking about a dive or 2. We have been told that the viz and conditions in Cabo aren't worth diving until June. Just spent 2 weeks in the Cayman's so we are not desperate to get back in the water but hate to miss a dive opportunity. Is it worth it?

Amigos Del Mar, next to the marina. I have made many dives with them, all were good.

See Amigos Del Mar
I have only used them and always gotten fair treatment
Three of us will be in Cabo the last week in March. Does anyone have any recommendations as to good dive operators and the ones to avoid? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom