Cabo dives + shops - honestly??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zinfin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are going to Cabo this Thanksgiving week. We have a time share there. We have been there many times before we were certified. I was looking at the dive shops Amigos del mar and Underwater Diversions seem popular ? Does anyone have any feed back? Was everything up to par?
We plan on diving Lands End and Cabo Pulmo. Do they take you by van to cabo pulmo?
Is it worth it?
We plan on diving 3 days - any must dive suggestions?
My wife gets cold really easily - 5ml for her??
Thanx again for the help!!

Hi,
I too am heading to Cabo for the week of 11/16-11/23 and hope to dive. We have a fractional ownership at Montecristo estates. My local dive shop here (in SF) recommended Amigos del Mar. Also if you do a search of the forums here you will find one for Cabo which has some recommendations. Since I am the only scuba d diver in our cabo group, we might charter a boat so some can snorkel and some scuba. Please let me know if you learn any more as I'd like to continue to share info with you.

My wife and I are going to Cabo this Thanksgiving week. We have a time share there. We have been there many times before we were certified. I was looking at the dive shops Amigos del mar and Underwater Diversions seem popular ? Does anyone have any feed back? Was everything up to par?
We plan on diving Lands End and Cabo Pulmo. Do they take you by van to cabo pulmo?
Is it worth it?
Thanx again for the help!!

Water temp should be 85 3mm should be good.We Dive with Baja Dive nice big boat, lots of Shade, great Dive Masters, C02 on Board,Small groups,I have dove with all the shops there but i dont like Cattle Boats.I always get the same great service at Baja Dive. web site here Home

Just my two cents here - I have used Amigos del Mar and think they have great service. Kevin has always taken care of my diving/sightseeing needs. He remembers me on sight and is honest.

Captain Burks

Dear Capt. B,
Thanx for the input. I will look him up. What dives do you like? - matt

Dear BOB,
Thanx for the input. We plan to dive cabo pulmo, lands end, and must dives?? Thax for your time - matt
I like the North wall Dive best lots of fish and you start in 12 feet of water. Lands End is also great we saw a bait ball that must have been 50 feet across as well as a green Sea turtle.The Sea Lions were also very playfull zooming in and out coming as close as 2 feet.
Baja Dive can plan a private trip to Cabo Pulmo so you dont need to wait for a group like the outher shops do.

Is it worth it?
Thanx again for the help!![/QUO

Hello Cabo Pulmo is a good if you dont mind the two and a half hour drive both ways.Our Dive there was ok but we saw about the same thing as in Cabo San Lucas.
Peligan Rock is my no 1 spot in Cabo always lots of life. Last dive there was saw Sea Horses, Eagle Rays,Giant schools of fish and the Sand Falls.
No. 2 spot is lands end where we saw sea Turtles,sea Lions,and two Sharks about 6 to 8 feet long.
I Have been Diving with Baja Dive for about 4 years and have always had a great time.Dive Masters are very professional and helpfull. My gear is always washed and dried for the next day of Diving so I dont have to carry back and forth from the Hotel it every day.
Also I like there Big Boat lots of room to work my gear Im a big guy and really like the extra room and no body is stepping on my gear.

I used Underwater Diversion last year and can not say enough good things about them. The owner and his wife were very accomodating. I have used a couple of the other dive shops mentioned in the responses and was less than pleased with them.

Hola from Cabo....I run small dive business here in Cabo...My name is Donna....and I can help you if you would like to customize your diving. I have been here for 20 years and have a lot of dive experience here and Cabo Pulmo. Let me know if I can help you ...You can call my vonage line at 479-935-9678 and if my 83 year old Mom answers....be patient...she is a talker! I take care of her here.
I customize dives so you don't have other divers diving with you...You can pick the time and select the spots based on your experience level...thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom