Cabo Dive Sugestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azcat2tx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to be making a trip to Cabo with family over the July 4th week. I am looking to go diving for one day (2 or 3 tanks).

What are the cannot miss dive sites? Seeing as I will only have 2 day, I would like to hit the best dives, where I will see the most variety of wildlife, and amazing reef structures.

Also, can anyone recommend a dive operation? Dive ops to avoid?

Thanks a ton.

I can't seem to get any help on this one either!!!
I'm taking the wife at the end of May with no clue where to go either!
If I hear anything I'll let ya know!

Later...Marc

I like the diving in Cabo, and the area. Cabo Pulma is a great drift dive and Gordo Banks is a great deep blue dive.
Here is a trip report of mine. My Cabo Trip Report

Most of the diving in Cabo is pretty close to the town itself and is reached by many operations in small pangas. 2 of the traditional sites nearby are the sandfalls, which is a pretty cool site alond a steep wall where sand "rivers" descend to great depths. Most diving is 50-140 feet. This is also the best site I've found in Baja to see the rare Clarion Angel. Lands end is another quick shot out of Cabo. Not quite as interesting in my opinion, but you are sort of diving in the Sea of Cortez and pacific in the same dive.. It's still pretty and worth the ten minute ride.
Gorda Banks is a longer ride, but gorgeous, Cabo Pulmo is also a long shot off, but has the only real stony coral reef in the Gulf (and the northernmost reef in the Pacific).

Azcat2tx...

As I've tried to find out more about Los Cabos...
It looks like we'll be skipping the diving in May!
I've read its still cold and the vis sucks!

Since I live in South Florida...With all the reefs/wrecks/the Keys and the Bahamas just a few minutes away...
I think I'll find myself to the bar and drink myself retarded instead!

Good luck Have fun and post up if ya happen to catch a good dive there!!

Later...Marc

Just got back from Cabo itself. Water is 65F. Went with Amigos del Mar to 2 nearby sites - Pelican Rock & Land's End - piles of fish - sealions too.

I just dove there in February.

I dove with Manta. They were great. The dive guide Kiki was excellent and patient and knew the area. Their boat Captain "Sumo" was really nice and always helping my wife and I and others on the boat getting geared up, during your surface interval. They knew what they were doing so to speak.

They took us to Pelican Rock - loads of things to see, and then Lands End where we watched the colony of sea lions swim all around us for the first 15 mins of the dive. That was very fun and exciting.

Here is their website: http://www.caboscuba.com/index.html

Hope you enjoy it.

Dove may 1st. and 3rd. In Cabo with Baja Dive vis was 70 to 80 ft on both days.Water temp 68. We saw a school of Mantas jumping at Peligan Rock before the Dive and as always tons of tropical fish.There was lot of action at the sea lions colony.We are planing a trip in Sep. to Dive Gordo Banks.
Basja Dive has been there for 11 years and provide a great service, www.baja-dive.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom