Cabo Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

purgos

Reaction score
Hey all, we got back the sixth of this month. We all had a great time for 11 days. The diving was good.

Dive dates were 26th, 27th, 29th, 31st of Oct. and the 1st of Nov.
Dives: 5 2-Tank Dives/1 per day
Dive Center: Underwater Diversions De Cabo
Water temp. 83F Time 10:00AM
The first dive took me by surprise, we were at Landsend with a bit of a current and the vis. Was about 50’-60’ with multiple thermals the 3mm shorty worked just fine.
The 2nd dive was at Pelican Rock, no current and as the first we saw the local fish population.
The next two days were about the same but for the fact that each of those I kept on swallowing seawater
Somehow. It is a little embarrassing to be chumming at 70’. All in all it was a great time.
The last two days were the best, the 31st we dove at the Blowhole and Whales Head much better dive, the day before found a pinhole in my mouth peace. The last dive was at Chileno Bay and Santa Maria not as deep of a dive ( 58’)as the other 4 days at about 70+ feet.
We did not see any sharks (white tip reef) or that many rays one of the DM said they have not seen them in about 5 months.
I took some photos and as soon as I figure out how to post them I will.
The folks at Underwater Diversions were great and I will be using them next year.
Rod

Hey Rod, welcome to ScubaBoard, you hardly even got sick from what I remember, I was there. :D

Hi Rod,

We are going to Cabo in early December. Where did you stay? Our hotel is in San Jose de Cabo and I've noticed most of the dive shops recommended are in Cabo San Lucas. I'm wondering about getting around from the hotel to the dive shop etc.

Thanks,
Suzanne

If you are staying in SJdC, I would think about renting a car. Underwater Diversions is a good dive op, you can get a descent package deal. Try to do Cabo Pulmo if you get the chance, being in SJdC you are on the way, so about a 2 hr drive. It is a drift dive over reefs, very relaxing dive, plenty to see.

RainTurtle:
Hi Rod,

We are going to Cabo in early December. Where did you stay? Our hotel is in San Jose de Cabo and I've noticed most of the dive shops recommended are in Cabo San Lucas. I'm wondering about getting around from the hotel to the dive shop etc.

Thanks,
Suzanne
We were at the Coral Baja and dindavid is right rent a car, it cost us about 650.00 for a VW Jetta for 11 days with ins.

dlndavid:
Hey Rod, welcome to ScubaBoard, you hardly even got sick from what I remember, I was there. :D
Most of the time I was sick it was underwater after we found that pinhole things were better. were you the one with the smoked salmon? That was great fish.
Rod

I was the one you met outside the dive shop and we walked to the boat before everybody else. You took my picture.

Sounds great I am going the week of thanksgiving. should I use a 3mm full suit or in your opinion a 3 mm shorty. I guess I can use either one in Bonaire in feb. Staying at the Intercontinental any recommendations?

I just got back, did the same dives with the same operator. Thermocline at Lands End was at 50 feet, dropping down to 78 degrees. Brrrr. I was perfect in my 3mm full but the DM's were either in a vest or just swim trunks. I personally like having. My dives were Nov 5 & 7 diving both Lands End and Pelican rock. Underwater Diversions is certainly mi favorito dive op. I have dove with Lands End and Baja Dive also. The guy that runs Underwater Diversions is great, DM is good. My only complaint was that on our second dive was ended when myself and my dive buddy both had over half a tank and plenty of no stop deco time left.

hello

i am a newbie to scuba and to this board. just completed my o w cert. this summer and had a thanksgiving trip planned to cozumel. due to hurricane i am now going to CSL instead. i have never been there nor do i know much about it.

only have 3 days to dive and no dive buddy traveling with me. what should someone with my meager skill level attempt there? any and all information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much

cile

Back
Top Bottom