C7070 Wide angle Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Stanley

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a C7070 with an Ikelite Housing. I am looking for anyone that has the wide angle lens that attaches to the housing. Ikelike stopped making it years ago. The camera and housing are fine and have plently of life in them. I would like to shoot some wide angle shots when I dive in warm water. Any suggestions where to look?

I believe the std. port is threaded for a 67mm filter. You can use either Inon UWL100 w/67mm thread or the Epoque equivalent according to Ikelite. They used to make the DP60 dome port to use the Olympus WCON-07 and CLA7 adapter inside the Ikelite housing, but it is NLA. Because of the WA of the 7070 you have to zoom slightly with a 67mm WA, but Ikelite's literature says you can still get a substantial improvement in coverage.

If that is a Ikelite housing with 67 MM threaded port you do not need an adapter, you just need an Inon Type II 100 WAL or Epoque or Ikelite lens. These lenses all have about a .56 X magnification. The resulting FOV is about 90 to 100 degrees and sometimes less depending on the camera etc. That is a big improvement over the standard FOV of about 45 degrees. Inon also allows their lens to accept a dome port that will expand the FOV to as much as 130 degrees, about .46X.

I built my own 67MM Ikelite port adapter for Inon AD bayonet lenses, these lenses will not work with the 7070 however. The adpater threads into the 67 MM thread and then locks so that the Inon AD lens can be installed. You do not need such a thing.

BTW, the adapters Ikelite makes are for their 47 MM ports, I think your housing is the 67 MM. The threaded Inon lenses will NOT require an adapter, the bayonet mount lenses will and there is no such thing except for the one I made.

This is not your housing but it is a typical Ikelite threaded 67 MM port:

DSCF0001-6.jpg

Here is an Inon 165AD FE lens on my homemade port adapter installed into the 67 MM threaded port, about .40X:

DSCF0022-1.jpg

My 67 MM port to Inon AD adapter in the port:

DSCF0005-4.jpg

Again, you cannot purchase this, Ikelite does NOT make one and in addition I don't think the AD lenses are optically compatible with the 7070 due to the lens diameter of the camera.

I believe the lens that would work best with the 7070 is the Inon 100 28AD. This lens is meant for lenses with a native greater than 35 MM focal length. However, nobody makes an adapter. FYI, Inon AD and Inon 28AD are different types of bayonet mount. Since the Inon America web page is gone now, well, all of this used to be explained there.

N

I have a UWL-100 28AD made for the C-7070 with AD adaptor for sale right now on eBay. I can't tell you how it matches with Ikelite, but it was made for the C-5060 and C-7070 with the Inon adaptor. The normal UWL-100 AD is not compatible -- vignetting.

Incidentally the 28AD and the AD ARE identical bayonet mounts for the wide angle lens. The previous post is not correct in that regard. There IS an additional spacing adaptor required if using the UCL (macro) AD bayonet with the Inon C-7070 port adaptor.

I also have an AD lens caddy and my nice C-7070 and PT-015 with Inon port Adaptor on eBay right now if anyone else is interested.

It is not letting me post the link, so just get on ebay and search under UWL-100 and it should show up, or look me up under deanconsult.

Bob
"ASD"

The Inon 100-28AD has a larger diameter rear optical element than the Inon 105-AD and 165-AD fisheye lens. N

I have a UWL-100 28AD made for the C-7070 with AD adaptor for sale right now on eBay. I can't tell you how it matches with Ikelite, but it was made for the C-5060 and C-7070 with the Inon adaptor. The normal UWL-100 AD is not compatible -- vignetting.

Incidentally the 28AD and the AD ARE identical bayonet mounts for the wide angle lens. The previous post is not correct in that regard. There IS an additional spacing adaptor required if using the UCL (macro) AD bayonet with the Inon C-7070 port adaptor.

I also have an AD lens caddy and my nice C-7070 and PT-015 with Inon port Adaptor on eBay right now if anyone else is interested.

It is not letting me post the link, so just get on ebay and search under UWL-100 and it should show up, or look me up under deanconsult.

Bob
"ASD"

Actually, you are confusing lenses, the "UWL-100AD" you are referring to does not exist, the UWL-100 lenses are threaded mount or 28AD mount. The AD mount lens is the smaller UWL105AD and it's cousin the 165AD fisheye lens. The "28" indicates the lens is optimized fror cameras with a 28MM equivalent native lens, the other Inon lenses are optimized for approx. 35MM equivalent native lenses.

AD (not 28AD) Inon lenses, 165 Marco, 105AD wide angle and 165AD fisheye:

inonlenses1.jpg

Notice extended rear element of the 165AD, common to the 105AD as well:

DSCF0120.jpg

If the bayonet mount of an AD lens will fit the same adapter as a 28AD series lens that might be interesting.

N

Yes, sorry for the typo you are correct ....105 AD not 100 AD. I just sold 4 of 'em that I had been using, so guess I should know better eh?..two 28AD's, 105AD and a 100 type 2 in 67mm....lens caddies are still on there.

Also an UNO LCD magnifier for Olympus and two Inon Arms w ball adaptors going on eBay this week, if anyone is interested...

Bob

I had a UN wide angle wetlens with 67mm thread which I used when I had my 7070.

underwater.com.au | Product | PWC-01 Wide Angle Lens

There was the need to zoom in a little to stop vignetting. This was easierly done and saved in one of the my mode settings so when it on that my mode it zoomed in just right everytime.

The only problem was with the wetlens that bubbles often got trapped between the lens and body, mainly when entering. You simply had to unscrew the wet lens and reattach once your below the surface.

Regards Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom