C5060 pics Bonaire last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have posted some pics from our trip to bonaire. I would like to thank everyone on the board who helped me learn to use my camera especially Dee for all the information she gave me and emailed me. All of the pics were took using white balance, only using the onboard flash uner the town pier. ISO 100 ap mode set to 4.8 underwater housing selected and spot focus. I shot these with my C5060 and PT-020. I have hundreds of pics on an average dive i shot from 50 to 100 pics in shq mode. Enjoy and i will be posting more over the next few days so check often.
copy the link at the bottom of the page to view.

Nice pictures. Took a look at the Gilboa shots too, COOL.
The shot of the trout swimming towards the diver was nice.
Is that a dive flag painted on the plane?
Might not want to go diving with that op.

scubaaaronh:
I have posted some pics from our trip to bonaire. I would like to thank everyone on the board who helped me learn to use my camera especially Dee for all the information she gave me and emailed me. All of the pics were took using white balance, only using the onboard flash uner the town pier. ISO 100 ap mode set to 4.8 underwater housing selected and spot focus. I shot these with my C5060 and PT-020. I have hundreds of pics on an average dive i shot from 50 to 100 pics in shq mode. Enjoy and i will be posting more over the next few days so check often.
copy the link at the bottom of the page to view.

I am assuming it's an eel but it's odd to see it out during the day - isn't it?

One Is A Spotted Moray And The Other Is A Snake Eel, anrd there is one of a bristol worm. The eels were out every where every day in the middle of the day there. Seen at least one a dive.

Very cool pics. What was the average depth of your dives? I'm asking because I see that you have lots of color, did you used the internal strobe only?

Nice shots, have you posted a trip report? We leave for Bonaire in 48days, 12hrs, 7mins... not that I'm counting or anything

Nice shots Aaron. Some suggestions, (if you don't mind), get closer is the first thing I noticed. The subject should fill the screen to much water equals less color. The next is to learn a Photo editor, with some tweeking these pictures would be much better (more color, less blue and sharper). The last is to leave the wildlife alone, having a shrimp clean your hands is not an issue but feeding and picking up critters is frowned upon (with good reason) and on Bonaire illegal.

Cecil We Were A Dive Guide That Is Authorized To Do This You May Have Heard Of Her, Dee Scarr, From Touch The Sea. There are only certain fish that she will tell you that are safe to feed and touch. I Know It Is Illegal To Mess With The Wildlife There.

I Have Been Editing Some Of The Photos Already(and trying to learn how to use the software properly) I Just Wanted To Get Some Up On So People Can See Them.

If anyone is going to bonaire they should try to do a dive with Dee. She has about an hour lesson on the reefs, life and the structures of the reefs. She has certain fish that know her and come up for free handouts and it make some great photo opprotunities. She teaches about the different sponges and how they were all scrapped off the town pier and the five years of her and two others saving the sponges. It was great.

Leesa The Average Depth Was Btwn 40-60 Feet I Hardly Used The Flash It Was All With The White Balance Settings With My C5060

MJH I DO HAVE A TRIP REPORT POSTED.

You have my apology, if Dee was doing it, then I know it's OK. A very nice lady for sure. I have not had the pleasure yet but her reputation is admirable.

Back
Top Bottom