c5050 S&S WAL adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't you just get your 5050? I'd say take this winter to get used to it. Take pictures of your kids, the dog, things that move slow and fast...any and everything. Get where you can change the strobe setting without having to look at the screens while you do it. Is it the right or left button with your left hand? Do you move the jog dial left or right in order not to have to go through them all? If you consciously think of that and look to figure it out, the turtle in Cozumel is long gone! You get my drift!

Then put it in your housing and get used to pushing those buttons. They are stiffer than just the camera buttons.

When you get in the water, wait a while more on the strobe. The internal flash is powerful and will do just fine while you learn what the camera will do by itself underwater.

Before you definately decide on TTL or not, do some research. TTL works fine for some shots but it's not suited for all. I much prefer to have a manual strobe. It's not rocket science and I have full control over the exposure, both camer and strobe, to get the shot I want.

Back
Top Bottom