C5050 Owners Question about lens and zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mardigrastexan:
Ted, any idea what the part/model numbers are for the extender and UV filter? And,where they can be bought. I haven't done this yet, but I can see where it could happen rather easily.

Tommy,

I just got mine from Bugeyedigital.com and I highly recommend them- fast shipping and good prices. The items are TIF-OLYC3000AD Tiffen 41-43mm Lens Adapter $ 9.95 and
Kenko UV Haze Filter 43mm $ 14.95. They fit perfect and don't forget the 43mm lens cap to put over the UV filter, I forgot to order mine.

Rad21

Hi again,
As I live and work overseas I buy all my camera goodies from BHphotovideo.com (B&H Photo out of awesome NY NY!!!). Underwater housing and strobe support is from UWCP. The filters and extenders are available from BHphoto. You cannot go wrong with these folks! Thats my 50 cent plug for the day!
As far as the part numbers go filters are filters. I would suggest NOT purchasing the cheapest one around (i.e. general brand) as you will be placing some crappy glass between your subject and the nice glass of your camera. At least get a Hoya branded filter and at 43mm they are pretty cheap anyway (don't ask me how much the 82mm polarizer lens is for my SIGMA 20mm 35mm SWA!). You have a choice of extenders for the 5050...either the OLY...or one made by Tiffen...I have the Tiffen. I do not remember the exact part number....but check the details at www.wrotniak.net (for all things Olympus digital) and I think he lists the specific part numbers there. If I had my invoice handy I would tell you...but I don't.
Hope that helps....
Ted
p.s. DO NOT FORGET TO BUY ANOTHER LENS CAP IF YOU GET THE EXTENDER AND FILTER!!! YOU WILL NEED A 43mm cap!! Any brand will do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom