C5050 LCD crack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

niaewn

Reaction score
After a week end diving and taking UW picture.I noticed that the LCD of my C5050 is cracked inside and can only display black and white.
Anyone experienced something like that?
I did not hit or drop the housing nor the camera.

Nia

niaewn once bubbled...
After a week end diving and taking UW picture.I noticed that the LCD of my C5050 is cracked inside and can only display black and white.
Anyone experienced something like that?
I did not hit or drop the housing nor the camera.

Nia

A friend of mine experienced the same thing but he wasn't taking UW pics. We were looking the pictures he took that day and it happened right in front of our eyes - it just cracked from top to the bottom. The outside temperature was very high that day (35 C) and we entered into air-conditioned bar. Maybe that was the reason.

Aloha niaewn,
I have the older C2040Z and have not had that happen in the year plus I've owned it. However, I think MonkSeal is on to something with his temperature change theory. I believe the biggest enemy of these cameras is heat. They sure generate enough heat on their own when encased in a housing but the water temp is what likely saves them. I used mine in Cozumel in June in the housing on land on a tripod in the sun for only 5 minutes or so. When I opened the case the camera was almost too hot to touch. I'll never do that again and I guess I was lucky I didn't fry it. Good luck on getting it repaired. I hope it's still under warranty.
:shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom