C & C Which is the better crop and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me among those who prefer the original. The only problem as Larry stated is the rocks on the left that tends to draw your eyes. Maybe burning it in PS would do the trick.

Like this?
PB140005-01pssm2.jpg

Nice shot, I think the original is the best of the 3 too...

If I cropped I'd consider cropping even more to focus on the fish, how about something like that ? :...

I think this may be a bit too much of a cut on the reef. To me the reef is more interesting visually than the water.

Like this?

That is better. Maybe a little more if there is enough detail to burn.

I agree with Fastmarc, the left edge is still a bit distracting. I might consider cutting just where it gets dark. Maybe 10% of the way in. Another option could be to apply a vignette to the rocks, but not the water. This could help to draw the eye in towards the fish while not making the vignette obvious by keeping the water the same.

Overall, I think we've shown that there are many options with this shot. Good job Larry!

I vote for penti's crop in post #9.

Back
Top Bottom