C&C Goldentail moray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last one.

goldentail.jpg

Excellent picture. Leave it alone. This one is closer and better composed. Only thing I'd suggest is again, smaller aperture. Your focus on the mouth and the sponges on the hole is perfect, but usually you want the eyes to be sharp. This pic has really nice shallow depth of field (the amount of distance in front of and behind the focal point that is in focus), and many photographers purposely open the aperture to achieve that. One way to get the focus where you want it is to change the camera focus mode to spot focus, and put the focus marker right on the eye if that's where you want it.

spotted moray btw

I don't agree (obviously). From the head and portion of the body it is difficult in my mind to tell the difference. If you look real close to the tail, you can see a yellow tinge to it. That's why I called it a golden tail. I didn't ID it until I zoomed in and could see the yellow.

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom