C-8080 settings with Heinrichs-Weikamp TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had Reef Photo install a Heinrichs-Weikamp TTL bulkhead system on my PT-023, C-8080 system so that I can use my Nikonos 105 strobe in TTL mode. My first use will be in a few weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions for initial camera settings when using this system?

I put together a Excel spreadsheet for some basic settings that I use with my 7070 and 5060 where applicable . If you PM me your e-mail address I will gladly send it to you .

I'm using the C-7070 with Heinrich converter coupled with the Sea & Sea YS-90 auto underwater and pretty much use the 5050 settings on Splashdown Divers site
except I set the strobe setting on the camera to external. Set up the settings and save them to one of MyModes. It saves a lot of time. Remember to dial down the exposure setting of the picture from -1.0 to -.3 to which will usually give you almost perfect exposure when the strobe fires.

Does that strobe you're using have a TTL mode or setting?

Have fun!

I agree on dialing down the exposure setting on the picture , especially for macro stuff , just haven't got round to doing it yet !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom