C-4000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JarecDiver

Reaction score
I have a c-4000 and an Ikelite auto 35 I know I cant use the housing, but I was wondering if I could use the strobe and strobe tray from the auto 35 with the Olympus PT-010 housing. Anyone have an clue?

Does anyone have the Olympus PT-010 housing and the c-4000? I would like to know what you think of it before I spend another 300 on my camera. Love the auto 35 but not digital. Might as well get a housing for the c-4000 and use it.

JarecDiver:mean:

JarecDiver you have me somewhat confused by your questions because you state "love the auto 35 but not digital". Am I correct in understanding that to mean you don't really like digital cameras? If so then why would you want to buy a housing for your 4000?
Having said that, you probably cannot use the strobe from the auto 35 unless it is designed to work with digital cameras because digital cameras have a pre-flash. The tray will also probably not fit.
I have a C2040 in a PT-010 housing and love it. If you are going to get a housing for your 4000 you better get it soon as the PT-010 is discontinued, or that is the "word" floating around.
You really can't, and should not, compare 35mm to digital. If you are good with that auto 35 then most of your pictures are "keepers". If your not, then you are spending $$ on processing for "throw away" photos. With the digital camera you just hit the "delete" button". This statement is likely to result in a ton of postings on film vs digital and I don't want to go there. I'm just trying to point out that digital is a good way to go for amateur underwater photography and you already have the camera. I don't mean to insult the Ikelite Auto 35 but the Olympus C4000 is a far superior camera with numerous features not found in the Auto 35.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom