Buying used S600 - service costs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not pay 250 for a used mk2/s600. The first stage is the more important one and there is a lot of difference between mk2 and mk25. I paid $175 for a brand NEW mk2/r295 last year at an lds that's an authorized scubapro dealer.

Look up prices for a new mk2/s600 and then divide by two and you'll have a reasonable expectation for a used reg.

Wow. I looked up the MK2 on the SP. website, but I didn't check the price. I knew it was low end, but I had no idea it was that cheap.

I don't know but have been just assuming that the seller originally bought it with whatever R 2nd it normally comes with and then upgraded the 2nd stage to the S600 later. I guess it's just as well he gave priority to another buyer.

Thanks again for all of y'all's help!

I think a Mk2 would pair up well with an S600 as long as you are not working too hard at depth. I use a similar rig on my pony. A Mk2 is a simple design that offers better potential reliability than a Mk20/25.

But I would suggest looking for a MK2 (or Mk200) paired with a Balanced Adjustable for well under $100.

Thanks, awap. I was not specifically looking for an S600. I was just looking for a good deal on a good quality reg setup on my local CL. That's where I saw the S600 for $250. The ad didn't specify what the 1st stage was, so I was guessing MK25 until I got clarification my the seller. Now that I know it's a MK2/S600 for $250, I'm not as interested. Plus, the seller is giving someone else priority on buying it anyway.

So, now I'm back to just keeping an eye out for a good deal on something local (or here in the Classifieds).

You could get a Dive Rite XT full set for $499 new (1st, two 2nds, SPG, etc). By the time you had your $250 set, added an octo for $100 or so, then SPG etc you're near this price with used stuff. I have dove mine a few hundred times and to depths beyond 200fsw with zero issues.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/diveritereg.shtml

You could get a Dive Rite XT full set for $499 new (1st, two 2nds, SPG, etc). By the time you had your $250 set, added an octo for $100 or so, then SPG etc you're near this price with used stuff. I have dove mine a few hundred times and to depths beyond 200fsw with zero issues.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/regulators/diveritereg.shtml

I was JUST looking at that and wondering if it's worth the extra $100 over the DGX setup they offer with the RG3 regs. Thoughts?

The XT are much better! Not even close in my opinion. I had a set of RG3 a while back, and sold them all for XT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom