buying my first camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minky

New
Reaction score
hey guys i'm just getting into underwater photography and have been renting cameras on my dive trips and have finally the decided the time has come to buy one. but my problem is i just don't know where to start. i know i want a digital and i'm not going to be an expert pro photographer so it should be a somewhat easy camera to use but that's about all i know. i have about 1k to spend on the whole thing (including strobe). so my question is what camera would you say is the best bang for my buck? any advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

I'd go with a good point and shoot that you can use out of the water (I have the Canon SD700 and been happy with it). Get an Ikelite housing with DS50 strobe. I've been really happy with this setup. Pictures turned out great, but I started using it more for video than anything beleive it or not (I don't even use my strobe any more).

But that way you don't end up with a scuba only camera.

Welcome to the club :)

~Jeff

Back
Top Bottom