Buying From Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect that AL and Suunto products from LP are covered by a warranty, but you are not a party to it. LP is covered by that warranty so they must be the one to initiate the claim. And the reason it may be a better warranty than the USA authorized product is that the market of origin for LP grey market products may have a longer or more complete warranty as required by that country's consumer protection laws. For example, the default Scubapro warranty for products in the USA is one year while the European market carries a two year warranty.

I buy from LP, recommend them to students, and like the way they treat their customers.
Depending on who you get on the phone it can be fun, I like to deal with the orthodox Jews that are there.
No bullshiite, to the point, and fast. Some people they might rub the wrong way if you're not used to dealing with NY Jews.
But I was married to a Jew and ran a kosher butcher shop for a number of years. They are just a bit different.

One really great thing is they will deal and haggling is fun! I'd also put their warranty up against anyone else's.

As for the so called grey market crap you will hear about "non authorized" dealers. You don't get the quantities of goods they do without the factory knowing damn well where they came from. Especially when they have the newest products before the "authorized dealers" do. Money talks.

Grey market "non-authorized dealer" my ass.

We are authorized dealers for everything except Aqualung/Suunto. In that case, we offer the exact same warranty. The only difference is you deal with us directly. In most cases, this is actually easier and more efficient for our customers! If you have any concerns, please contact me directly.
Thanks guys!

Just as an added fact. I started buying from LP in 2004 when my local shop would not get me the items I wanted. Or even try to. LP treated me like an intelligent person. Capable of deciding what was best for me. I model some of my own practices after them. I also first dealt with their sister entity - Adorama Camera - starting the late 70's. The service I got then was why I used them for scuba and still refer people to them.

I buy from LP, recommend them to students, and like the way they treat their customers.
Depending on who you get on the phone it can be fun, I like to deal with the orthodox Jews that are there.
No bullshiite, to the point, and fast. Some people they might rub the wrong way if you're not used to dealing with NY Jews.
But I was married to a Jew and ran a kosher butcher shop for a number of years. They are just a bit different.

One really great thing is they will deal and haggling is fun! I'd also put their warranty up against anyone else's.
. . .

Interestingly (but not unexpectedly) they close on the Jewish high holidays. I think it's kind of endearing--evidence I'm dealing with real people who have real lives. It stands out among today's faceless, impersonal on-line businesses that give the impression of being always open. A big on-line retailer with a "We'll be closed" note not just on their brick-and-mortar location but on their web site!

I've always had good luck with LP. I do wish they packaged things a bit better. Nothing has ever arrived damaged (so I guess it's packed good enough), but I swear some packages look like they've been rode like a pony by the time they get here. It's not just UPS. I live in a geographic anomaly, 5 hours from anywhere. I get lots of stuff shipped in and it's become a bit of a running joke as to what the LP box is going to look like.:)

You don't want to deal with Suunto customer service. Period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom