Buying From Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've bought from Leisure Pro in the past without any issues in terms of returns. However, somewhere along the way, I read that LP is not an authorized dealer for some of there products and thus, if there's a warranty issue, the manufacturer will not honor the warranty. I'm considering buying a computer from LP; can anyone clarify the issue of being an authorized dealer and the product warranty? Thanks.

I bought a dive computer from LP. Full warranty from dealer when I registered the product. Non issue

LeisurePro is not an Aqualung authorized dealer. Therefore they offer their equivalent warranty. Warranty Policy | LeisurePro.com
Since Aqualung is the U.S. distributor for Suunto - it likely applies also - but I do not know that for certain.

I believe they are for most of the other major lines they sell now. Five years ago it was different.

Check the mfr's website dealer locator for the brand(s) you're considering. LeisurePro should be listed. btw, they're in Manhattan.
I happen to know they are for both Oceanic and ScubaPro as I recently checked.

You can also ask [user]scubamarketing[/user] since:
I am the Online Community Manager for LeisurePro. If you have a question, comment, suggestion or problem, please let me know.

I know I'm repeating what's been said already, so I'm just here to confirm: we're authorized dealers for everything but Aqualung at this point, so a Suunto computer would come with our in-house warranty. Having previously worked for an Aqualung dive shop and dealt with my own Suunto warranty issues, I would have much rather had an in-house warranty than dealt with the manufacturer.

I've bought a few things from LP over the years and trust them. I would not have an issue if the warranty came from them in fact I think I'd prefer it. As has been mentioned in this thread and numerous times on this board, dealing with Suunto is reportedly an often unpleasant experience. LP might, for example, not fix the computer but I bet they'd replace it.

Why not try your LDS? You trust them for classes, air fills, why not gear? Keep your purchases local.
I am sure that if you tell them that you like them to price match they will do so,especially if the"deal" is from an authorized source. We do here at Scuba NY Yonkers and very often our normal standard price already is lower than online dealers.

Buy with confidence. In my personal experience, LP has been great about everything I've bought from them.

I've bought from Leisure Pro in the past without any issues in terms of returns. However, somewhere along the way, I read that LP is not an authorized dealer for some of there products and thus, if there's a warranty issue, the manufacturer will not honor the warranty. I'm considering buying a computer from LP; can anyone clarify the issue of being an authorized dealer and the product warranty? Thanks.

There are numerous previous threads on this same question. If you do a search, you can see people list the pros and cons.

As I've said before, for products like Suunto, LP provides its own in-house warranty that I believe is at least as good as Suunto's. I don't know what LP would do in a specific instance, but consider that LP might just replace a faulty computer immediately, whereas an authorized Suunto service center might hold onto it for a long time. LP has good customer service. Suunto is not known for its friendly customer service--you might just be given the run-around. I'd rather deal with the LP guys in NY and, perhaps, be sent a replacement computer without delay than deal with some unknown "service center" and be left hanging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom