Buying first Regulator and Ocopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm a newly certed diver and am about to buy my first gear. I have narrowed myself down to 2 packages. The first set is Dacor and contains an Eagle Reg, Viper Octopus, a Genesis Compact 2 guage console, and either a Sportster or RAV BC. The second is Mares and contains an MR12 Axis Octopus and Reg, A Mission 2D Guage, and a Vector Original BC.

I was hoping someone could help guide on my purchse. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

... are the same company. how do you plan on diving , recreational, tech, cold water?

I will be using the gear for recreational diving both fresh and salt water (cold and warm water). Cost is the main factor for those two options, as well as the fact they both reviewed well. The other option I was looking at is the Oceanic Alpha. Thanks for the help!!

I bought my first set of gear a little over a year ago. I've got an Oceanic Alpha 7 reg and octo. 35 dives (all recreational warm water) and so far I like it. It did have a recall in the fall. If you're looking at an Alpha, make sure it's a post-recall one. Mine was humming and squealing after the 3rd day of a 7 day trip. Once the parts were replaced and it was serviced, all has been fine.

My BC is a Zeagle Scout and I love it. The Scout is a good choice for travelling too because it's pretty light weight and packs well.

Back
Top Bottom