Buying equipment in Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazy_about_scuba

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi!

I'm staying in Sri Lanka for a couple of months and wandering if I can buy Good equipment at non-inflated touresty prices anywhere? I'm currently in Hikkaduwa diving with International (who are GREAT btw) and also plan to dive with Colombo divers next month when I visit Colombo.

Unfortunately my Mask, Fins and boots were broke in transit, I plan on doing allot of diving and much prefer to have my own equipment rather than renting...

I'm thinking I might be better off ordering from the Internet and getting delivered to my hotel - does anyone has experience of doing this? Who did you order from?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Leisure Pro has some of the best online rates but wherever you order from you run the risk of high import duty if shipping from abroad. I have had to pay duty on my strobes even when shipped back after repair.

Locally you can buy in Colombo at decent prices. Niwlibyan Traders located near Armour Street, Colombo 10, stocks Mares and Cressi Sub gear and is a dealer for Coltri Sub compressors. The guy who runs it is called Wafique (mobile # 714442254). Its run form his house so call him first to make sure he is in but he is quite helpful and has good prices.

Another place is Sealion, on Church Street, Colombo 2. I used to go there mostly but have found Wafique to have a much better range. There is also another guy called New Sealion, on Glennie Street, Colombo 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom