Buying a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll give a plug for my favorite reg: Apeks ATX200 primary and Apeks ATX50 backup. I dive primarily cold water and these regs can't be beat!

Diehl:
I'm getting certified next month and tuesday I'm going to my LDS because I need to get my Fins which I chose the Mares Quattro{spelling} and was going to look at there Regs. They sell Sherwood Magnums and the Aqualung brands. I have read good things about the Aqualung Titan XL and the Aqualung Titan supreme XL what is the difference of the two? I will be diving in Florida only :colgate:

What kind of price difference is there between any of these? If you are only going to dive in Florida, a basic model Titan should be fine. I don't think there is any difference between any of the Titan models in how well they perform, only in what temperatures. Also, if you do later move into cold water, an enviromental seal kit can be added for $30-40.

I would go with the Titan XL. All the supreme adds is the cold water upgrade, and you don't need that for Florida. If your getting an Aqualung just get the one that best fits your budget, they have all the same parts inside anyways. The repair kits are all the same for the Aqualung's. Look at Sherwood too, they make good regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom