buying a reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tywebb65

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new regulator, what is the best for someone on a budget. I want it to be compatible for nitrox also. any feedback would be apreciated.
Scott

that most of us are on a budget. So this begs the question... what price range are you after? Back @ 70 or so, I bought a set of fins, and I still own and use them. Makes that horrendous price back then seem very reasonable now.

Don't buy down to fit a budget... plan ahead to buy the reg you want. I dive with AL's Cousteau and Micra. Not a sweeter breathing reg out there.

tywebb65 once bubbled...
I am looking to buy a new regulator, what is the best for someone on a budget. I want it to be compatible for nitrox also. any feedback would be apreciated.
Scott

I'll admit to being a bit biased but I'd say look at the Aqualung Titan (or Titan Glacia if you dive in cold water). They're robust, simple, not too expensive (not low-ball either), easy to get serviced anywhere you're likely to ever take it and they breathe surprisingly well.

R..

I would check www.divernet.com

they really liked the Oceanic Alpha 7. It's a simple reg. and it's cheap. They also liked the Tusa RS230-it's a bit more than the Alpha 7.

You can always buy a reg. on Ebay. I got a great deal on a Cyklon 5000 with octo. for $225. But there is the risk it could be junk....but usually people are pretty good-especially divers.

The Alpha 7 is a very good reg - performs well above its price IMHO.

Right now, I dive with the Delta 3 with DX3 first stage. That's also a solid reliable reg that breathes a little easier than the Alpha 7. Oceanic's phased out the DX3 first stages in favour of the DX4, so you should be able to find some good deals at your LDS if you go that route.

Do some research on ScubaPro. All of the regs they make are quite nice. The Mk16 and Mk25 are great 1st stages and the S600/G250/S550/R380/R190 are good 2nd stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom