Buy New Gear for less.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its always nice to be there to help people. The sad thing is to encourage people to waste others' valuable time and use them for their knowledge to make sure you are getting everything you need yet you have no intention of actually supporting that company.

We all want to save money (there's no such thing has having enough right?)....but morals and just human kindness have to play a role as well. Take into consideration that you are wasting someone elses' valuable time when you have no intention of working with them or supporting the company they work for. No one likes to be taken advantage of or used.

I'm a consumer, a retailer and an dive industry professional. I believe what goes around comes around in this world. And one last note, I think its important to remember, especially in this industry, that these forum boards we all rely on for information are heavily supported by sponsors and industry professionals that spend their time to help others out, and without supporting them in return...sites like Scubaboard and Wetpixel would really lose their value and may not even be able to stay live!

Last edited:
Mike and Ryan, very very good points. You and other board sponsors take the time to answer questions and give guidance. Definitely a valuable service that deserves to be recognized and compensated by people looking to buy.

I feel a little guilty now about my Ikelite HV10 housing purchase.

Why do some shops take out huge advertisements in the magazines and list no prices at all?

Sometimes the retailer knows there's likely to be price fluctuations between when the ad is laid out and when it's finally printed. Sometimes the manufacturer's MAP (Min Advertised Price) is higher than the actual selling price. I'm sure other retailer have reasons too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom