Buy a strobe that can mimic preflash? Built-in target light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After much consideration I have concluded that my first choice of strobe would be the Inon D-2000 or 2000S with a focus light. However, I was not ready to spend that kind of money (as I'm just starting out and don't know how often I'll get to use it). I did want a strobe that offers some sort of optical cable TTL system as opposed to a strobe-based auto light metering system though. So I bought a factory direct closeout YS-60 TTL/N and a digital adaptor from Heinrichsweikamp. I have also decided to go with a Suprema U-beam LED 44 light which I will mount independently very near my strobe, in theory allowing it to double as a targeting and focus light (I haven't tried that yet though). So I saved a couple hundred dollars, and hopefully won't regret it. I have not got all the parts yet, but I'm looking forward to testing the system soon on dry land and then diving in the British Virgin Islands this March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom