Buy a C5050z Get PT-015 Free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure looks that way! The combined price is what I paid for my C-5050 last September. It doesn't say it's a NEW camera, just that you get a full manufacturer's warranty. For how long?

Sounds like one of those too good to be true things.

I couldn't find it....just the housing for $259 and add $579 for the camera...doesn't sound good to me.

It looks like a previous customer special. Sent to me by e-mail. Dee is probably hitting the nail on the head with the camera being refurbished, but still...I'm crying. This is a
deal!

BIGSAGE136:
It looks like a previous customer special. Sent to me by e-mail. Dee is probably hitting the nail on the head with the camera being refurbished, but still...I'm crying. This is a
deal!

Only a fraction of new cameras are actually pulled and tested. I can get a refurbished unit that is fully tested at the factory to ensure complete functionality, and I get it for less, complete with a factory (albeit an abbreviated) warranty? A huge percentage of factory refurbs are simply dealer returns in ugly packaging (not defectives, as common misconception would have it.)

The big plusses of refurbs are 100% QC, and the price. In exchange, I give up the retail box and maybe (MAYBE, but usually not) some cosmetic rubs that will be there in after a few weeks of use anyway. I'll take that trade anyday.

I love refurbished stuff. My last 3 Oly digital cameras have been refurbs. All my Oly lenses are refurbs. No problems, and saved cashola.

K

No poo poo here. 85% of my electronics are refurb. Cant beat it. I look at as a free
troubleshoot. And really, I havnt spotted many cosmetic problems. When I was shopping the Oly though, none to be found. Maybe they were rounding them up for this offer. (lol).

BIGSAGE136:
No poo poo here. 85% of my electronics are refurb. Cant beat it. I look at as a free
troubleshoot. And really, I havnt spotted many cosmetic problems. When I was shopping the Oly though, none to be found. Maybe they were rounding them up for this offer. (lol).

Oly refurbs are always in short supply.

Plus, I just like to say poo poo. :D

K

Mo2vation:
Only a fraction of new cameras are actually pulled and tested. I can get a refurbished unit that is fully tested at the factory to ensure complete functionality, and I get it for less, complete with a factory (albeit an abbreviated) warranty? A huge percentage of factory refurbs are simply dealer returns in ugly packaging (not defectives, as common misconception would have it.)
K

Well THAT'S certainly good to know. No more new cameras for me!

I wasn't poo-pooing a refurb, just pointing out the assumption that it was new. I agree with Mo, with a refurb you know it's been totally checked out in recent history. Plus they are more likely to be agreeable and work with you if something is wrong with it rather than insist there's nothing wrong because it's new.

Otter is right...the total for both camera and housing is $800+. That's more misleading verbage from the ad/PR people! Good catch Otter, we ***-u-me-d wrong.

Update.....http://www.scuba.com/newsletter/email030104/index.html

Today, the added specifically says 'Free housing' and the checkout shows it giving you credit for the housing. Definately different than what it was showing yesterday. It's probably a refurb but that's not a bad thing. Just make sure it comes with the regular accessories, ie., batteries and charger, remote, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom