Butterfly House Sat 3/7/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeeno

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone diving Butterfly house tomorrow? If so can I join.
Last weekend I met some members from the Monterey Sea Otter dive club and they gave me directions on where to dive at Butterfly house. It was spectacular! Even if a dive boat dropped me off at the area I would not have been disappointed.
The weather is predicted to be nice this weekend too. Pls pm me if interested.

Yes..please enlighten us!
I am yet to dive there but would like to!
Is the entry easy..I just had knee surgery and need some mellow entries for a bit?

Thanks-Drew

Is the entry easy..I just had knee surgery and need some mellow entries for a bit?

Thanks-Drew

Last week was mellow entry. Kelp was not too thick which made it easy for the surface swim. (Very kelpy in summer though). Returning to the exit was also easy last week due to the calm condition.
On the other hand there are days when it is not too mellow... lots of white cap to really scary big waves.

Thanks-Drew

I've only dove there once, but I would say that butterfly house would be awful on your knee. You have to hike down a small eroded cliff trail to get to the entry point. It's not too far down, but with all your gear on it can be a bit hectic.

((kevin))

What were the directions?
After decsending approx at bird doodoo rock go 210 (SSW) and about 12 minutes going toward that direction it gets really nice. You can hover around there at the edge or go deeper.

I've only dove there once, but I would say that butterfly house would be awful on your knee. You have to hike down a small eroded cliff trail to get to the entry point. It's not too far down, but with all your gear on it can be a bit hectic.

((kevin))

Forgot about that

Hi guys, just wondering if you made the dive yesterday and if so how was it? Was thinking of going there on Monday - 3-9.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom