Busuanga in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Divers,

I'm been diving the wrecks near Busuanga earlier - but I need to do the rest of them :eek:) I can't find any wether information from this area around august. Do any of you know what to expect?

our dm highly recommended the months of Nov to Feb for diving in busuanga. we went there in jan 2006 and i visited it again in mar 2007. i was surprised to find it so cold in march so i can't imagine how august will be. august is a pretty bad month for diving because of high frequencies of typhoon and it being the height of the southwest monsoon season. sowi...

oops! almost forgot my manners. welcome to PPD, katja! :D

Thanks a lot :eek:)

Had an idea that it wouldn't be the best time, and it sounds like I better keep away :eek:(

Subic? Tell me more :eek:)

Have introduced myself now :eek:)

just do a search on Subic here... Lots of great wrecks within recreational depths.

hi there,
about busuanga and subic:
busuanga if my memory serves me right most typhoons pass there and they are right its going to be cold.
subic when its windy the waves may be a bit more forgiving since its in a bay but during the rainy season there will be run off water so there will be silting visibility low and it will also be cold.
as we say in N.A.U.I. plan your dive dive your plan.
pick a better date and enjoy both busuanga and subic.

Hi iris_ice,
I don't know where I've been. Never heard of Subic before. But after reading your reports I can see that I need to to The Philippines again next spring. For Subic, Coron and tubbataha :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom