Business trip to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf_25

Contributor
Reaction score
I know, it's a tough life, isn't it? :) Well, I originally posted last week when I first found out about the trip, and I really didn't know what I was going to be doing. I have a bit mroe info now, and am looking for some advice.

I'm going to be in Hawaii for work from Friday, August 5th to Sunday the 14th. I'll be in Oahu the 5th through the 10th, then we leave for Kauai and are there through the 14th. I"ll have to work most of the days M-F, but will have a little time to myself. Not sure if i'll be able to get diving in during the week, but should be able to see some sights still.

I do plan on diving, though, that first weekend I get there. So, since I'm 1) traveling alone and 2) never dove Hawaii before, I'm looking for advice on a good dive op in Oahu to hook up with. Any suggestions? I'd like to do boat dives at least Sat. and Sunday, possibly with some beach diving thrown in there, too.

I also am looking at the possibility of diving in Kauai, but am not sure how that's going to work out, since Sat. is my only free day there, and I fly home Sunday morning. Maybe I'll find a dive op to do a morning shore dive with the 1 morning I have free (Thursday). Any suggestions there?

What about other sight-seeing stuff for my free time? Since I'll be in town by myself for most of the trip (I'll have coworkers there during the week, but not on the 2 weekends), any suggestions for good places to go or things to not miss would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,

Spent 1 week last year at Honalulu. Daughter and I went with a dive charter named Dive Oahu. Dove the Sea Tiger wreck in the harbor. Great fun!! :crafty:

saf_25:
II do plan on diving, though, that first weekend I get there. So, since I'm 1) traveling alone and 2) never dove Hawaii before, I'm looking for advice on a good dive op in Oahu to hook up with. Any suggestions? I'd like to do boat dives at least Sat. and Sunday, possibly with some beach diving thrown in there, too.

There are many, many operators here that offer boat dives. Leesa has posted a list of some of these operators before - hopefully she'll see this and post it again.

As far as shore dives, I know that Deep Ecology on the north shore offers guided shore dives. Not sure if anyone else does - I think most people have a DIY attitude for shore diving. Being that you're coming in August, though - I would take advantage of the north shore conditions and try to get in some dives there.

I second the Dive Oahu reccommendation. They usually dive a wreck and then something a bit shallower. Last time I dove with them we did a night dive to the Sea Tiger and then a reef dive at Kewalo Pipe. At the end of the 2nd dive the DM's broke our glow sticks and the flourescent stuff was all in the water floating around us, and at the same time Captain Brian had the radio on with a speaker that goes underwater, and pink floyd was playing while the glow stick stuff was all over the place. It was pretty sweet. Did some day dives with them too, all around good experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom