Burnt from a heated shirt "Thermulation"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever used that heated shirt while not in the water? I don't know about this product specifically but some products are designed to use the water for heat dissipation. Without water the extra heat can cause wires/insulation to overheat and deteriorate.

Nope, didn't even think about using it outside of the water... it is not a comfortable product to wear outside of the water.

Nope, didn't even think about using it outside of the water... it is not a comfortable product to wear outside of the water.
I have thought about using it skiing when its uber cold. Sure wish I had it when I was in Whistler in December of last year. Brr!

Looks like dead short to me. Lucky it stopped when it did. Electrical fires are scary. A pertinent reminder to all that you carry a heap of energy around at times. Anyone that has seen an iPhone go up wont need reminding.

Now I contacted the company with the information and they tried to blame me for using the product wrong, I'm not sure how I forgot to use this product after 50 times, but maybe.
So please be careful using products like these they seemed harmless to me and that is the reason that I'm posting it, so people could understand how dangerous it really is, and how the company handles these issues.

That burn looks bad. Have a doctor see it and document it. Do not send back the evidence to the manufacturer before talking to a product liability lawyer.

That burn looks bad. Have a doctor see it and document it. Do not send back the evidence to the manufacturer before talking to a product liability lawyer.
Lol...spoken like a true american....

Back
Top Bottom