Burma Trip Report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Uncle Pug -- I just use a 2"sq plastic magnifyer that can be purchased at major booksellers. Any sort that is easily manageable u/w will work. The effect is additive to the magnification of water, so you should get benefit. Just takes some experimentation with best distance from the eye. When I need it, I much appreciate mine.

2. Keralucu -- I did appreciate the kind offer, but, yes, I was quite busy. I didn't dive the Similans as I went to Cambodia, instead. However, several of the group did & greatly enjoyed them. I understand the whale sharks have been back of late, and they saw some.

Glad you enjoyed the report, but it probably will not be published. The magazine for which I am a feature writer demands anonymity of its report authors, and that was not possible on this trip.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Doc:
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful trip report with us. You know how to make everyone seem like they were there, without leaving the comforts of the computer desk.
Sounds like you were with a great group of people too.
If you're looking for special talents for your next group.. please consider mine.

#1 Can scatch backs better then anyone in the midwest
( I have long nails inspite of being a diver)
#2 Can smile, and nod in all languages
#3 Aways have extra Sweet Tarts and gum packed
#4 I have a way of making all things seem bright yellow ( or is these new sunglasses)
And # 5 I don't eat much which means more for everyone else!

:sunny:

Hi Natasha,

I just got done adding you to the mailing list.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Originally posted by Natasha
Doc:
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful trip report with us. You know how to make everyone seem like they were there, without leaving the comforts of the computer desk.
Sounds like you were with a great group of people too.
If you're looking for special talents for your next group.. please consider mine.

#1 Can scatch backs better then anyone in the midwest
( I have long nails inspite of being a diver)
#2 Can smile, and nod in all languages
#3 Aways have extra Sweet Tarts and gum packed
#4 I have a way of making all things seem bright yellow ( or is these new sunglasses)
And # 5 I don't eat much which means more for everyone else!

:sunny:

You aren't getting any competition from me.
- no nails for back scratches
- smile and nod.... this I can do
- no gum or sweet tarts
- I at least try to see things in a good light (still working at passing it along)
- have a good appetite

sigh 1 out of 5, (but am willing to learn :wink:)

1) my nails are short enough to dive with, but still long enough for a good back scratch (ask my b/f!)
2) can smile and nod in all languages, and get by with speaking several of them too! (particularly the important ones for diving - Thai, Indonesian etc :wink:)
3) Always carry plenty of Oreos for after dive food - White Fudge covered are the flavour of the moment
4) I see everything in a positive, rosy lilac light... :confused: ("Every dive is a good dive")
5) I do eat my share... not much help there but hey! diving is hungry business...

(Can I add one?... seeing as DocV seems to enjoy an evening tipple or two - I'm an excellent bartender!!)

Do I make the grade?

1) my nails are short enough to dive with, but still long enough for a good back scratch (ask my b/f!)
2) can smile and nod in all languages, and get by with speaking several of them too! (particularly the important ones for diving - Thai, Indonesian etc :wink:)
3) Always carry plenty of Oreos for after dive food - White Fudge covered are the flavour of the moment
4) I see everything in a positive, rosy lilac light... :confused: ("Every dive is a good dive")
5) I do eat my share... not much help there but hey! diving is hungry business...

(Can I add one?... seeing as DocV seems to enjoy an evening tipple or two - I'm an excellent bartender!!)

Doc,

That was an outstanding report! I also went to Burma on a liveaboard out of Phuket (High Class Divers) in March of 2001. Our vis was down (sometimes as low as 12 feet.)

The diving was great though and I saw my first Bull shark. I highly suggest if you get the chance, to dive Burma. Its well worth the time and money!

Thanks,
Thomas (Red Rover)

Back
Top Bottom