Burma - Thailand Live Aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody try this?
http://www.siamadventuredivers.com/liveaboards2.htm

We need to make our reservations and need to find a good liveaboard.
5 days., I heard excellent things about Richiliu Rock and Burma for diving. Better than Similan Island..
Our budget is around ~U$1000

Mid or late February.

Which boat, Dive Shop, etc do you recommened?

Ahh. Thailand...always coming back to you. I have spent more time in Thailand than at home. That's the hint I should become an x-pat in Thailand.... Wait I am asian..I am an xpat living in the US. but I am american.. I am confused... :10:

Maybe a bit too late for you, but within your budget is this boat: www.thailand-scuba.com/sim_A3.htm. A bit more expensive but within the indicated timeframe: www.thailand-scuba.com/sim_B4.htm.

Don't forget to add the 150 US$ Burma entrance fees to the total price.

The boat you mention by the way, the Jazz, is a nice boat, the diving on this trip will only be in Burma BTW.

The actual name of "A3" is the Daranee:

Daranee Liveaboard

But the Burma trip on this boat departing 19th Feb has been changed to a Similan Islands trip due to lack of interest :(

The MV Jazz trip from 16 - 21 Feb at 890 U$ plus 150 U$ Burma fee (plus rental gear..) - trip is not confirmed yet 100% again due to lack of bookings...wait a while..Maybe in a few days..Its just about the lowest price possible for a Burma trip.

Thansk, we emailed a few of the liveaboard and we are waiting for their responses.

Hopefully we will see a Whale Shark or some mantas. We are also debating maybe to just go to Similan Island. It just that I keep hearing that Burma is so much better for diving. Similan is the last remaining place I have not dived yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom