Buoyancy Question: SeaLife DC800 Pro Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know how buoyant the Sea Life cameras are. I'm thinking about getting the DC 800 Pro set.
It comes with the standard camera housing and a single external flash. I was wondering if I need to get a weight system for it as well. There's no LDS that deals in sealife.
Thanks in advance.

SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC800 Pro

I have the dc 1000 maxx which is the same thing with two strobes. I have the weight kit on it which consists of a small weight and a longer thumb screw. It makes my camera almost perfectly neutrally buoyant. In short, I bought it and am glad I have it.

Your ego is a rabbit???

alter-ego
it's a throwback from my days on the imdb sandbox forum
back then he actually said something for every post

I have the dc 1000 maxx which is the same thing with two strobes. I have the weight kit on it which consists of a small weight and a longer thumb screw. It makes my camera almost perfectly neutrally buoyant. In short, I bought it and am glad I have it.

When you say almost perfectly buoyant, do you mean it is slightly negative or slightly positive?
Does the strobes add positive buoyancy?
How's the camera alone without the strobes?
Thanks in advance. Sorry if I'm just grilling you with questions

Back
Top Bottom