Buoyancy problem with an Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOXA:
I did check my buoyancy, I keep my head up, I fully extend my legs and I still have this problem. I use a DUI TLS350 with a Weezle Extreme, may be it has something to do with it?

undergarment makes a huge difference as I have learned when I switched to DUI C4 (400gr)... this could also be that you don't have enough gas in your suit. as I have learned, my CG is achieved much easier when I put a little bit of gas in the hands of the suit just so they float by themselves (not too much gas, of course, that it shifts back to your legs when you tilt)... of course, the C4 traps enough gas and doesn't let it move as easily as the weezle., so that may not be a good tip for you particular situation. One other thing is to loosen your harness by quarter inch at a time and see if that makes any difference. most people have their harnesses too tight.

Of course, this would also depend on the type of tank that you use too. try using a different tank.

Does this happen more at the end of the dive, the beginning or at all times?

Speaking of gas in your DS, are you putting a lot in? How well does your DS fit? Does this happen at 30' (10M) without adding air to your suit?

Mark

mweitz:
Does this happen more at the end of the dive, the beginning or at all times?

Speaking of gas in your DS, are you putting a lot in? How well does your DS fit? Does this happen at 30' (10M) without adding air to your suit?

Mark

It happens at anny depth, with no gas in my suit and wing, my drysuit fits OK and it happens all the time (from 200 bar to 30 bar).

DOXA:
It happens at anny depth, with no gas in my suit and wing, my drysuit fits OK and it happens all the time (from 200 bar to 30 bar).

that may be the problem... try adding just a bit of gas in both, and you will see it stabilize...

don't misinterpreted what I just said though, I am not implying to put A LOT OF gas and then compensate it with loads of lead, but if your suit is really squeezed, you need a bit more gas in it. you want to try and get a bit more gas in the upper portions of your suit and wing.... especially at the beginning of the dive, you'll need more gas in your wing to displace the negative buoyancy of a full tank. Do you feel all squeezed and stiffed-up when you dive? it's either you are not putting enough gas in your suit or you harness is too tight, and you need to loosen the straps a bit (just a bit so that you can drop the tank a bit lower, try loosening your straps by quarter inch at a time.)

DOXA:
Hello,

I have the following problem with my Eclipse (single tank wing):
- If I put my weight belt on my waist, my head keeps going down and my feet up
- If I put my weight belt on my hips, I have a perfect balance.

Is this a common problem and is there another sollution for my problem?

thnx

What kind of tank are you using and where in relation to the tank are you securing the CAM straps?

-Chris

CALI68:
What kind of tank are you using and where in relation to the tank are you securing the CAM straps?

-Chris

I use a steel 12 and my top CAM strap is attached to my tank as high as possible.

DOXA:
I use a steel 12 and my top CAM strap is attached to my tank as high as possible.

Although not very common with a single tank rig, have you considered an AL plate? It sounds like you're really heavy from the waist up and it's playing hell with your trim. If you were to get an AL plate you would certainly have more options to play with in terms of weight distribution.

CALI68:
Although not very common with a single tank rig, have you considered an AL plate? It sounds like you're really heavy from the waist up and it's playing hell with your trim. If you were to get an AL plate you would certainly have more options to play with in terms of weight distribution.

hmmm, good idea! Never thought of it because every drysuit diver around me uses SS. Now I have to figure out weher to get one. Maybe the divestore.

So far I you all have given me the following solutions:
1. Try a CAM strap
2. Put some air in my suit
3. Move my Helios downward by moving the attachements upward.
4. AL backplate instead of a SS
5. loosen my harness

Tomorrow I'm going to dive. After the dive I will report my findings. Thnx so far.

I just made a dive. I put weight with a cam strap on my tank, and it solved the problem. It even solved another problem: the weight belt on my middle caused two air chambers: my upper body and my lower body. Without a weight belt, air in my suit can run freele from neck to toe. Thnx guys, you made me a happier diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom