Bunion surgery?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m having a double TKA on Tuesday, how soon did you dive after yours?

Good luck to you! One at a time 3 years apart was enough for me! To answer your question it was 6 months but not because the knee stopped me. I had both done during the month of Jan so by the time summer came around and I started diving again 5-6 months had passed. I shore dive on rocky shores so 6 months was probably right for me. If boat diving I think after 3-4 months I could have dived.

You'll know when your ready it maybe later than the your MD tells you or may not. It depends on lot of factors, how strong you are pre-op, how fast you heal, how well your PT goes, if you gain most of your strength back or not. You'll be sore for a long time just from the operation. They pull your skin back to expose your leg bones and keep it back during the op! It'll be black and blue for weeks just from that!
I'm glad it's behind me and I don't think I'll need to replace these. Good luck let us know how you made out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom