Bungie Cord Vs. Surgical Tubing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNTdiver

Reaction score
On my reg, I always have been used to using surgical tubing to hold it around my neck. But I got a guy who wants to start using bungie cord because his surgical tubing goes bad after a couple months. I really have not had a problem with it, but I do replace it when I see ANY signs of problems. What do you guys think?

CNTdiver:
On my reg, I always have been used to using surgical tubing to hold it around my neck. But I got a guy who wants to start using bungie cord because his surgical tubing goes bad after a couple months. I really have not had a problem with it, but I do replace it when I see ANY signs of problems. What do you guys think?

I don't think it really matters. I use the bungee because it doesn't pull on my neck hair as much as the surgical tubing. I've used both, and they both work well. Even if the surgical tubing goes bad after some months, it's a relatively cheap item.

PS Why is your avatar guy humping the suitcase???

I think I am just a bit old school.....I have always used surgical tubing and don't want to switch

I think it doesn't matter which you use, as long as it's not too flimsy.

It is not.....I drive a Rx-7 (rotary engine)....the head of the guy is a roter and I do not like honda cars......I am sorry......it is stupid but oh well

CNTdiver:
It is not a suitcase.....
Looks like a cooler...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom