Bungee Rigged Uwatec B/T "Diving"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I know there is a thread somewhere about this, but just because I want it, I can't find the durn thing.

I rigged bungee on my B/T by removing the timer, drilling 6 holes in the rubber wrist holder, then threading the bungee through. Slight problem now is, if the timer is seated fully in the holder, it thinks its at 3 or 4 feet depth apparently. Raising the timer up slightly puts the unit in normal dive mode, but I'm afraid it will pop out of the holder if not below the lip on the top.

Anybody seen this problem with the Uwatec?

MD

I did the exact same modification about 1.5 years ago or so. I found that raising the unit 'up' a little corrected the depth reading issue (like you mention). I've not had the unit 'pop' out or dislodge post modification. Although my unit sits pretty securely, not sure if you've experiened different.

best of luck.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. It feels okay sitting above the lip, but not quite tight enough to make me trust that it won't come out. Right now I have the front and back lip over the edge of the timer and the readout is okay.

I would not have thought that having that 1/8" bungee in the bottom of the holder would make any difference, then I noticed the entire bottom of the time is flexible. Well, we'll see in the water I guess, but I know alot of divers have done this before.

MD

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
another view

That would work better with the dry cuff rings also. If it doesn't work the way I have it, I'll try that as I haven't cutoff the straps yet.

Thanks Pug

MD

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom