Bunaken/Lembeh trip report pt 2: Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the comments and the nice words, all!

Yes, Lembeh is indeed special. I enjoy reefs as much as anyone else but after a while, they sort of tend to blur together. OTOH, with macro, there is such an amazing variety of subjects, colorations and shapes that one can never get jaded. Even when we went to Sipadan, my wife and I ended up doing more dives in Mabul than in Sipadan.

TS&M - Kilofox is correct, it is a flamboyant cuttlefish. This was one of those shots where 3 photographers and a videographer kept getting in each others way and silting out the waters inadvertently. Not as good a shot as I wanted, but nice enough.

Looking at my posts, it may appear that I am being harsh on 2Fish. Not my intention at all. They are in a different price range from Bastiano's (which is almost 50% more expensive, all in all) and it'd be miracle if they had the same level of luxury/comfort. They are well worth what they charge.

Vandit

paddleflap-scorpionfish-2.jpg

I believe that is a flamboyant Cuttlefish

Oops should have kept to my normal policy of reading the entire thread so I don't repeat anyone:sorry19z:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom