bun in the oven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well guys, I found out today I am going to be a dad!

About time, my mum said, she had all but given up hope of me producing any children.

What has this got to do with underwater digital photography?

Well, I could talk my wife into a pool birth and get the camera wet.

Has any one else done this? :eek:

I dont think the birth process, water, and you in scuba gear with a camera between her legs will go over to well with the little lady :egrin:

Please pass our Congrats on to Mom!

I've never heard of a birth in the water being filmed. It usually takes place in a bath tup instead of a pool but I guess if your tubs big enough and Mom doesn't mind.....

Be sure to let us know if it works underwater..:wink:

I can't be of any help but I wanted to post my congradulations.

Chad

WOW!!! Congratulations to all "3" of you (maybee more huh?). My wishes and hopes for a healthy and happy pregnancy and birth.

Clive, your intrest in pool births should be researched, I can't recall completely, but I heard a snippet (small segment) on CNN about one of the medical orgs. recommending against H2O births due to some associated risks. (Perhapse the risk of litigation?) I'm sorry I can't remember more but I will try to look through some of the wife's med journals. I will let you know if I find anything.

Again, Congratulations !!!:)

I have only started reading this website this evening, and was beginning to form the opinion that there are some rather, shall I say, obsessively eccentric people under the water.

This one has to take the first prize! You, my friend, are a complete lunatic!!

And, of course, congratulations. I have 4 of the little beasts. And I have to say one of the most stunningly rewarding and indescribable events of my life, other than the miracle you are about to witness (on dry land, I hope) was the day my little boy and I went diving together. First real dive, other than training.

He was 13, and we were in Hawaii, and took a boat dive to Molokini crater. We hit the water just as the sun was coming up - it was almost dark - and about 3 minutes after reaching the bottom, he motioned frantically to me with his hand up in front of his forehead - SHARK! And there was a cute little 2-3 foot white tip reef shark. COOL. And then we saw him again - but even though he was farther away, he seemed the same size. And then we saw him quite a lot farther away, and he was still the same size. Took my addled brain a minute to realize it wasn't quite the same shark - and that this one was quite a lot larger. Within a few minutes, we were surrounded by a dozen of these things, up to about 8 feet long. WOW. And, maybe 5 minutes later, they all disappeared, just as the light was getting stronger. Off to bed, I guess.

Anyway, that was one of the most wonderful and intense experiences I can remember, and I can only wish you the same.

But seriously, drop the UW camera - and stay married!!

John

:D

Although I am going to be a dad, the camera bit was a joke, I thought it would be funny to start a thread on an everyday occurence and tie it in with diving.

BUT I'm sure some one has filmed their child birth in the birthing pools (underwater).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom