Bump Helmet front NVG Scuba Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, Can anyone tell me if they make a SCUBA NVG mounted light for the front of my bump helmet as in the attached picture? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Vlad

Attachments

• 20220921_090713.jpg
    20220921_090713.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 56
I have seen mounts for an action cam, but don't think I have seen one for a light.

DW

The square on the front is for the bracket mounts (most famous Wilcox G24) that attaches night optic device by dovetail (used in ground applications) or ball (used in aviation) type connections.

You can still make it work by using a mount and attaching light to the mount by using another part in the middle, however it (probably) won’t be practical.

But there are many “rail” mounted lights available in the market, surefire and streamlight make some good stuff but I am not sure about how deep they can be submerged. You can remove bracket housing and replace with rail and attach anything you want on it.

If the helmet you want to use airsoft kind of helmet, you can still drill holes on it you can make it work.

Better if you get a climbing helmet or skate helmet and remove any buoyant foam from inside and place whatever you want on it by simply drilling holes and threading bungee.

Look up jackson safety ch-400v climbing style helmet on Amazon. No foam flotation and cheap $35. Tie wrap some bungees on the sides for lights.

Attachments

• 1664303613805.jpg
    1664303613805.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom