Bull Sharks/Santa Lucia Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out there Feb 20 - Mar 6 2007. We were told the sharks had just come back, but weren't hungry at this time of year. A group of us wanted to go anyways, and we did see the sharks, but they didn't come close and had no interest in food whatsoever. Still great to see though, and like others have said, you have the wreck there on top of it.
I'm heading back there this coming January, hopefully this time they'll be hungry...

I've been 3 times to Santa Lucia, I'm not an experienced diver but I dove a few times. Many sites, a few wrecks on the reef. Always beautifull.

I was there on the 3 of august 2009 (I always go there in august), dove to the sharks, we got 7 big ones. They where hungry and came very close, event passing over our heads... So august seems to be a good month also. And the weather's nice, they weren't worried like you guys describe... I could have gone each day of the trip, would I have wanted to, we only got nice weather...

Not being a pro, I truly appreciated the professionnalism of the shark friend's guys. Really, I wouldn't go there without them. And they film, so you get the DVD of your life for a few more pesos!

: )

Marie

Try this email ....

shark_friends@nautica.stl.cyt.cu

As for every email in Cuba, I don't promise anything !!!

And mostly, be patient. They might only answer in 2 - 3 weeks !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom