Building a SCUBA Gear Storage System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
I'm finally going to get off my lazy @$$ and finish my garage organizer/storage project.

I've got one more wall to go that will be dedicated to sports equipment. I'm going to provision an area roughly 6 ft wide X 8.5 ft high X 2 ft deep for SCUBA gear. I need to squeeze in 3 full sets of gear, 3 large roller bags, 4 tanks, and hang about 10 various exposure suits (most are used for other water sports ;-)

I'd certainly appreciate any ideas/recommendations for SCUBA gear storage solutions ? Feel free to post some pics of your system, if possible. Looking forward to suggestions.

Thanks,
Rick

A toughie :) I have a 4' x 2' hanging/drying area, 4' x 1-1/4" wood rod suspended from the joists above it, with a small drip basin below The drip basin is just 1x2 firring strips on the sides, 3/8" 2' x 4' plywood bed on a couple of pieces of 2x4, piece of blue poly glued in. It's in the basement, with a dhumidifier, so it just has to catch the dripping until it evaporates.
Then I put in a plastic general storage shelf unit, one of those things with circular legs where the parts just stack together. 18"D x 3'W x 6'+ H, 5 shelf, decent weight capacity.

markfm:
A toughie :) I have a 4' x 2' hanging/drying area, 4' x 1-1/4" wood rod suspended from the joists above it, with a small drip basin below The drip basin is just 1x2 firring strips on the sides, 3/8" 2' x 4' plywood bed on a couple of pieces of 2x4, piece of blue poly glued in. It's in the basement, with a dhumidifier, so it just has to catch the dripping until it evaporates.
Then I put in a plastic general storage shelf unit, one of those things with circular legs where the parts just stack together. 18"D x 3'W x 6'+ H, 5 shelf, decent weight capacity.

Mark,

Thanks for the input. I'm starting to look at doing something with the ClosetMaid MaxLoad system I saw at Lowes.

not my rack, but was sent from someone online and I hosted the pics for him....

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z4.jpg

z6.jpg

z8.jpg

z10.jpg

Some nice ideas ... great pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom