Building a new 3000 to 4000 watt battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My nickel metal hydrate battery has been sitting for seven years and was spitting fire when I applied a charger . This thing looks like a bomb and almost became one . The battery was built from junkyard ford hybrid cells . This new battery must weigh sixty pounds which will power a thirty six volt system . The battery compartment has a ten inch diameter opening . Thank you could appreciate some help .

There are several companies that build replacement lithium batteries but that does sound big and heavy. Might be best to modify/reduce the body length to compensate for a lighter battery.

What are you trying to power? Pics of the old battery would be nice.

It is a experimental divercraft . Dummy me I partial disassembled it without taking pictures It has128 D cells , 4cells per stick ,4 sticks per block , 8 blocks in series giving 40 volts .

i

My nickel metal hydrate battery has been sitting for seven years and was spitting fire when I applied a charger . This thing looks like a bomb and almost became one . The battery was built from junkyard ford hybrid cells . This new battery must weigh sixty pounds which will power a thirty six volt system . The battery compartment has a ten inch diameter opening . Thank you could appreciate some help .

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 62
Brutus Beefcake , I got my big go fast scooter battery together today . I want this DPV ready for the Electric and Hybrid Marine Show for a possible Demo . Wish me luck , be good and kind Rumdumb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom